I Am South African and Rich In History

By Mhlabuthini Sibiya

To be a South African means, I am reach in history, history which should not be an excuse of my failures but a drive to my success. That I'm a reflection of my thoughts and dreams for I am no more defined by colour nor my background but by the distance I can walk and the bridges I may build to cross the impossible to swim rivers. Born in the first ever generation of a united rainbow nation. I shout out loud "free at last, free at last, thank god almighty our heroes made us free at last!!!" I boast not of the numerous shields of rights I hold but the responsibilities I shot out. This means acknowledging that when I point out fingers three more point back at me. The people shall govern, means being a South African.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment